This past weekend I had the opportunity to run The Color Run for the second year in a row. My friend from work Elise was sweet enough to invite me to run in her sister's place, and I really did have a blast. Her family is the sweetest, and incredibly welcoming.
Last year I ran the full 3.1 miles while dodging small children and every person who was walking. This year I learned a few tricks I thought I could share with you all!
1. If you actually do plan on running, get there early! The course is crowded with people, and most of them are just there to walk the event.
2. Bring a towel for your car! If you don't and you have cloth interiors you will find random amounts of color on your clothes for weeks even if you clean after you get home.
3. If you're blonde, invest in a purifying shampoo for after the race. In an effort to not have my hair stained this has really helped!
4. Put your phone in a plastic bag, unless of course you have a LifeProof case! I'm going to be cleaning mine for weeks.
5. I leave my hair down for this race, simply because the people in the color areas have a tendency to aim for your face and ears. That being said, sunglasses are a fabulous idea just because you want to be able to see!
Elise and I freezing our tails off waiting for her family & to run!
After the race, generally a pretty dirty crew.